Reusable Safety Scalpel
90000 - Non-Sterile #3 Stainless Steel Handle Safety Scalpel
Scalpel injuries comprise the second most frequent cause of surgical sharps injuries1 and surgeons and first assistants sustain up to 59% of OR sharps injuries.2 The Xodus Medical Safety Scalpel line represents a safer alternative to the traditional scalpel — offering a retractable, removable blade cartridge system designed to help you comply with AORN guidelines3 and OSHA requirements for reducing these sharps injuries.
As the most quintessential of all surgical implements, the scalpel functions almost as an extension of the surgeon. Recognizing the importance of the “feel” of the instrument, Xodus Medical has crafted the handle of Safety Scalpel to the same weight, shape and size of a traditional scalpel. And just like its predecessor, it can be cleaned, sterilized and reused in the same manner. The color-coded safety blade cartridges are available in stainless and carbon in 3 different blade styles that can be added or removed with the included safety tab.
The Safety Scalpel is also available in a single-use version to minimize processing overhead and cross-contamination risk.
Make the Safety Scalpel part of your sharps safety protocol and work practice controls.
1Practical strategies to prevent surgical sharps injuries, September 2012 Vol. 7 No. 9
Charlotte Guglielmi, MA, BSN, RN, CNOR, and Mary J. Ogg, MSN, RN, CNOR —
2Revised Statement on Sharps Safety, American College of Surgeons, 2016 —
3AORN Continuing Education - Back to Basics: Sharps Safety
Product Dimensions: 5" x 0.49" x 0.21"
Quantity: 1 per case
- Stainless Steel Safety Handle is the same length, weight, and shape of traditional scalpel handles
- Provides surgeons the same "feel" and center of gravity of a traditional scalpel handle
- Color-coded cartridges for easy blade counting and identification
- Blades can be identified while in the cartridge through a clear window
- No exposure to scalpel blade: - safe - simple, and easy to use
- Easy to use for left or right-handed surgeons
- Eliminates accidental transmission of bloodborne pathogens, i.e. HIV and HBV
- Meet OSHA's Engineering & Work Practice Controls