The Xodus Medical Story
What started in a garage nearly a quarter century ago by brothers Craig and Mark Kaforey has grown into a thriving medical device manufacturer that provides safety solutions to over 10,000 hospitals and surgery centers.
The company's very first product, produced in 1994, was a sponge-counter system to reduce the chance of a sponge accidentally being left in a patient's body. Headquartered just outside of Pittsburgh, PA, Xodus Medical found a niche by manufacturing single-use products, many of which have been developed based on customer feedback.
Over the years, the company's organic growth has allowed us to manufacture over 1,100 different products and establish a major global market presence in over 55 countries.
Within the seemingly ever-changing healthcare environment, there is one constant – Our passion for creating products that improve the industry standard of patient safety. Helping others provide better healthcare solutions is what drives us every day.
With our dedication to making surgery safer and our commitment to continuously increase customer value & satisfaction, we strive to be the supplier of choice for healthcare service providers. Every day, we work to build a strong brand and a prospering business for the benefit of our customers, business partners, employees, shareholders and community. It is our goal to create an enjoyable and rewarding work environment for our employees that promotes teamwork, creativity, and personal growth.
Xodus Medical is an ISO 13485:2016 certified medical device manufacturer that focuses on increasing patient and healthcare worker safety. We provide solutions to help our customers meet The Joint Commission, CMS Never Events, AORN and OSHA requirements. We are dedicated to developing and delivering product solutions of exceptional quality that are making surgery safer and create customer value & satisfaction. Our unwavering commitment to providing medical professionals inside and outside of the Operating Room Suite with products that ensure a safer environment for their patients which lead to improved outcomes.
Xodus Medical is
- Governed by various regulatory bodies of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and CE
- Registered with the FDA as a medical device facility
- Compliant with FDA Title 21 CFR Part 820
- A manufacturer of CE Mark certified medical device products
- Compliant with the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC (MDD)
- Compliant with international standards and directives
- ISO 13485:2016 certified
- Voluntary certification establishes the highest quality standard globally
- Assures an additional level of quality standards by Xodus Medical
- UDI compliant with GTIN and 2D Barcoding implemented for all products
Xodus Medical Customer Complaint rate
- 0.00055% based on customer complaints versus products sold
- Complaint rate is nearly negligible